What is the Difference Between a Research Paper and Proposal?
There is a big difference between a research paper and proposal. Your proposal is all of the information that you will will include in your paper, this part of the process will tell you what you need to include in your paper and if you are on the right track.
The proposal is an outline that will lay out your paper. The proposal will tell you a list of things that you need before you can even start the paper.
- It will tell you the required funds needed to do your paper.
- It will have a list of things that you need to do your work.
- It will have a description of the work that you will be doing.
- It will show past methods that were used, and it will show how that will affect your paper.
- It will tell who will be helping you with your paper.
- And lastly, it will show what outcome you think will happen with your experiments.
This is the actual paper that you will be writing after your proposal has been approved and you start the experiments. This is what will be included in it.
- You will introduce all of the background, theories, and purpose of the work that you have done.
- You will explain all of the methods that you used and touched on other sources that were used.
- This paper will have data that you collected through the process; this can be information or physical evidence that you collected.
- List and scrutiny that might come up with the experiments or data that you collected throughout the process.
- Document all of the results that you got during the process of experimentation.
- Draw a conclusion from all of the data that you collected during the experiments.
- Don’t forget to include all of the references that you used at the end.
As you can see, there is a big difference between the two. The best way to make sure that you complete these kinds of papers right the first time, you should consider looking at examples so you will be able to do it right. These can be found online as well at your school’s library, and they can be a big help if you are unsure of what you are doing.